Friday, December 6, 2013

Short stories for Christmas -- and more books to come

A Christmas to Remember
authors Hope Ramsay, Molly Cannon, Marilyn Pappano, Kristen Ashley, Jill Shalvis
Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
December 2013

It's snowing outside, cold, and in the shut-down of the day, this compilation of short romance stories was a quick and pleasurable read.  The NetGalley version that I read also served to promote some full-length books soon to be released.

What's different about this book?
Anthologies are always fun -- you get some reading you like, some you love, and new authors you didn't know. 

What struck me as different was the promotion of the new books coming: a chance to read excerpts of the authors' new titles (Pappano, for example, has her new book coming out in February).

What I'll do now that I've read this
I'll move on to the next book in my to-read list.  Nothing here for my various libraries, so this reading was more a personal pleasure read. Great if you like themed collections of stories.
 
******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment