Monday, February 10, 2014

A satisfying one-sitting read

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Jennifer E. Smith
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

January 2012

The publisher's offer of a free re-visit of this book gave me a great reason to sit and savor a great story.  My young adult readers have told me how good this book is, and now I can agree:  it's a genuine look at teen problems, family relations, and instant attraction.

What's different about this book:
Sometimes I just want to enjoy a sweet romance with the drama occurring somewhere other than in the relationship.  This book provides that, with enough other issues to make it real.  And what some reviewers have called a predictable ending, I call satisfying.  I seldom read a book all in one sitting, but this one I did.

What I'll do now that I've read the book:
We are enjoying all the Jennifer Smith books we already own and looking forward to The Geography of You and Me, coming this April 15.  Oh, and I'll go back and visit Smith's This Is What Happy Looks Like in the meantime. Thanks, LBBforYR!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment