Friday, October 30, 2015

A dependably good mystery / romance

Secret Sisters
by Jayne Ann Krentz
Penguin Group
December 2015


One of the delights of my currently busy life is a Friday night with time to read -- and a dependably good book by Krentz.  This latest book provided just what I was wanting.

What's different about this book 
One of the great draws of Krentz' writing is a trusted formula for a good mystery, a danger-fraught adventure, and a dependably perfect romance.  That formula was present in this book -- and it was great! But somehow the precise angles and corners of Krentz' formula were off, so subtly.  I found myself trying to express what was "off," and all I could articulate was polish:  same formula, same dependable story line, but somehow the winsome polish was lacking.  Since I can't describe what was different, I won't spend time telling how that difference was perceived.

What I'll do now that I've read it 
This title will be one I'm able to share and book-talk with confidence:  those who love Ms. Krentz' writing will be happy to see this one come out in December.  We'll be providing this for our mystery adventure (and romance) fans -- once again a dependably good read.


 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment