Saturday, April 1, 2017

If I'm Found: Book 2 in an engaging suspense series

If I'm Found
Book 2 (out of 3) in the If I Run series by Terri Blackstock
Zondervan Fiction
Christian , Mystery & Thrillers
Pub Date 21 Mar 2017


"Christian Fiction" is too often a synonym for "not well-written." This series runs counter to that truism, and I am adding the series to my libraries confident that readers will be satisfied.

What's different about this book
There is genuine suspense, and excellent characterization. As a reader, I found the protagonists to be sympathetic and compelling.

The story line that wobbled a bit in the first book grows stronger in the second, and the momentum builds as the characters engage with each other, those around them, and in the settings where they are found.

Issues of PTSD, broken families, and true crime are handled skillfully and add to the engagement of the reader with the story line.  I dislike having to wait for a third release to learn the resolution of high-tension conflicts, but the author has sold me on the need for a third book to fully develop the story.  I'll hang in for one more in the series.

What I'll do now that I've read it
I struggle to find compelling Christian fiction for my library patrons.  This series, and in particular, this second book, offer much to enjoy: suspense, conflict, romance, and realistic spiritual doubt as a part of the character development.  I'm happy to have this series as an additional resource to offer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment