Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Audacity of Sara Grayson

The Audacity of Sara Grayson
by Joani Elliott
Meryl Moss Media / Post Hill Press 
Pub Date 25 May 2021 

I expected this book to be mostly fluff and relationship drama. I was pleasantly surprised.

Instead, the majority of the book tells of Sara grappling with actually authoring the book her mother charged her with (an interesting novel about novel writing). And through that process, Sara finds herself, her place in life and the world, and the stories of her family and her parents and their lives. Along the way, she finds a significant other who delightfully fits the niches of Sara's life and fulfills her in ways she didn't expect.

This book is well-written, appropriately humorous, and  the main characters are substantial and well-developed. Again, I expected more superficial characters (was it the bunny slippers on the cover that caused me to underestimate this wonderful surprise of a book?). Author Elliott successfully proved me wrong. There was significant depth of emotion and relationships in this read.

I found the first quarter of the book slow to start (perhaps my mistaken expectations). But I quickly engaged with Sara and her family and her challenges, enjoying the humor along the way and the evocative settings and developments further in the book.

Meryl Moss Media / Post Hill Press have this slated for release on May 25, 2021. This will be a reliable pleasure to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment