Friday, November 27, 2015

A warm and literary read

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
by Katarina Bivald
SOURCEBOOKS Landmark
January 2016


To say this is a book about books doesn't do justice to the engaging story that Bivald offers about Sara and the small, really-small town of Broken Wheel, Iowa. This is a quiet but compelling read.

What's different about this book
The characters in Readers are well-developed and become people you care about.  The start was inauspicious for me, but after catching the rhythm of the narrative, the story became all-encompassing.  This was a book I was happy to return to, whenever I was able.  The references and allusions to so many well-known reads added to the pleasure:  Seeing Bivald's and Sara's take on books that I have read and loved took me back to moments of deep joy in reading.

What I'll do now that I've read it
Even before I finished, I was sharing this title with my reading friends.  As soon as the book is published, we will ensure that library patrons will be able access and enjoy the book as I did.  This is an intriguing book about books that will provide a warm and lovely read.


* * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment