Thursday, April 7, 2016

Murder in Missoula, and a protagonist of note

Murder in Missoula
by Laurence Giliotti
Chateau Noir Publishing
September 2015

Despite a less than compelling title and cover, this book is a good read. The characters and the plot line are skillfully presented, and the reader is engaged quickly.

What's different about this book
It was the speed with which I was engaged that drew me in.  I had just put down two books because I couldn't get hooked into the stories, and I was wondering if the problem lay with me and my current life.  Enjoying this book was a relief.
I particularly liked the character development: The protagonists were likeable, and they moved the plot in agreeable and engaging lines.

What I'll do now that I've read it
This will be an easy sell to patrons interested in character-driven mystery suspense stories. We'll be sure to have copies on hand in our relevant libraries.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment