Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Jayne Ann Krentz and When All the Girls Have Gone

When All The Girls Have Gone
by Jayne Ann Krentz
Berkley Publishing Group
November 2016

A quiet Friday night, glass of wine, and a new Jayne Ann Krentz book.  It doesn't get much better than that.  Over the years I have come to know the rhythm and pacing of Krentz' stories in a way that is comfortable and dependable.

What's different about this book
The edge is off the formula with this newest release.  The same dependable certainties are present: no dithering between the main protagonists, no hesitation or unnecessary drama. But the plot in Girls is more broadly spread across time and space, and the threads of the subplots are many and varied.  This is an enjoyable read on multiple levels, and this will be a great book to share.

What I'll do now that I've read it
I'll be happy to provide this for my adult patrons who know Krentz and her fine fare. The author, and now this story, will be easy book talks to make with other fans who, as I, are always anxious for a new Jayne Ann Krentz work. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment