Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Final Summit


The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity
by Andy Andrews
published in 2011 by Thomas Nelson

I often tire of contemporary "parables." Too much moral, too little story. This was different.

While it's definitely a parable style of tale, the story was engaging, and the lessons weren't too preachy. It was a brilliant plan to insert famous characters from history and to give short glimpses of how they interact with each other.

A follow-up to Andrew's earlier The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success, I didn't need to have read that to enjoy this.

Evaluation: what will I do now that I've read this?
  • I won't buy it for my school library (PreK - 12th) -- although older kids might appreciate it.
  • I won't buy it for my church library -- it doesn't rank high enough to meet the demands of space and finances.
  • I will remember it pleasurably but probably not for long.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment