Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Restorer


The Restorer
Amanda Stevens
Harlequin MIRA Books

Great read, and an intriguing plot. So many para-normal novels out there, but each has a slightly different twist. This one did.

Amelia finds she is one of those who can see ghosts, and her father guides her to understand The Rules, the first being "Never acknowledge a ghost" so they won't know she can see them. Years later, she's grown up and is a prominent restorer of cemeteries --yes, I know: ironic.

Great romance, good murder mystery plot, good characterizations. Definitely looking forward to the sequel -- though I much prefer those that don't MAKE you have to read the sequel to find answers to foundational questions.

Evaluation: what will I do now that I've read this?
  • Not for my school library -- though some of my high school readers would enjoy this. Forget that it's a book from Harlequin, a name synonymous with bodice-rippers.
  • But this title is perfect for another sphere of influence I forget sometimes: my fellow librarians and BOOK READERS who love a good mystery with a twist of romance. I'll definitely be recommending this one to a good number of these folks.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment