Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lots of action, easy to keep one's attention

Tainted Blood: Book 2 in the Hell's Belle Series
Karen Greco
October 2014


To properly enjoy this book, I needed to purchase and read the first in the series.  It was worth it:  I enjoyed the action and the relationships -- an entertaining read if less smooth than something out of a big publishing house.

What's different about this book 
The  heroine is tough-assed military: half vampire and, as she learned in the first book, half witch.  That combination is a new one for me.  The vampire theme is a common one in today's popular market, but this story takes some of the best from what's gone before:  strong relationships within a family of sorts, tight action, and lots of plot twists. The difference comes in the fresh feel and the new environment.  (The super-duper motorcycle sold me, as well.)

What I'll do now that I've read it 
This series would probably be a quick sell to someone who needs lots of action to keep his/her focus, and to someone who enjoys the extended motif of supernatural creatures (lots of them in these tales).  After all, it was that action and plot challenges that caught my eye.  I'll be talking this title to my studied-out colleagues.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment