Sunday, January 25, 2015

Some graphic fun - and a strong story

Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula
by Andi Watson
First Second Publishing
February 2015


One of the first graphic novels I have truly enjoyed, although I purchase and book talk many to my school library patrons.  

What's different about this book? 
I think it is the engaging storyline that hooked me, but as well, the graphics were straight-forward and intelligible for me as a getting-used-to-graphic-novel literacy reader.  The touch of romance and the good-guys-win ending made it all fun.

What I'll do now that I've read it
This book I can share with friends and patrons with authentic enthusiasm.  It's a fun read, a visually compelling cover, and a quick read.  My young adult readers will love it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment