Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A sweet story of second chances

Firefly Summer
by Kathleen Y'Barbo
2015

When I want to read a good romance, I need something different, something compelling.  There are so many serious world situations -- I look for a story that speaks to those serious situations and to my life in such a world. Firefly Summer fit right in that role.

What's different about this book
There are real lives, real connections, and serious second chances in this story.  It spoke to my own need to look to others, feel empathy rather than impatience, and above all, to consider forgiveness as the appropriate response to difficult situations.

What I'll do now that I've read it
This book is a healthy yet engaging story to share with friends and reading acquaintances who are seeking a lighter but still rewarding read.  Firefly Summer lends itself to just those times.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment