Monday, July 13, 2015

International Intrigue and Too Much Money

Vanishing Games: A novel
by Roger Hobbs
Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
July 2015


Book 2 of the Ghostman tale picks up several years after the first story -- and it manages to top the first in grit, suspense, and foreign intrigue.

What's different about this book
As in the first book, Jack White carries the reader into his world as ghostman or international crime agent who has a knack for vanishing - and making other people or problems vanish. The global setting and the look into the life of the absurdly rich make this novel a compelling read.  I think I'm personally hooked by the way Jack somehow always manages to make it out alive. Compelling plot and resolution.  I don't like to like tales of violence and grit, but somehow Hobbs manages to overcome my reluctance with his excellent storytelling.

What I'll do now that I've read it
What does any read do with an outstanding suspense thriller? Share it, of course! The appeal of this book takes me beyond my school libraries and into my adult book clubs and private libraries.  Somehow not many folks seem to be familiar with Hobbs' Jack White.  We'll have to change that.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment